Family Support at
Marnel Junior School
My name is Vanessa and I am the family support worker at Marnel Junior School. I have been in this role since 2015. I look forward to meeting those of you I've not yet worked with.
I understand that school and family life are not always completely separate. I am here as a link between home and school. If you ever have something on your mind and are looking for some advice, help or just a listening ear then do not hesitate to contact me.
Family includes everyone so all pupils at the school are also welcome to come and see me; even if just for a chat.
Vanessa is available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 8:15am -4:15pm.
How can you contact me?
· If I am available you can come into the school and have a quick chat.
· We can talk over the phone (call reception)
· I may be introduced in meetings or when you are talking to a teacher.
· You can contact me via the school office to make an appointment to see me.
What services are offered?
· Signposting and local research
· General advice and guidance
· Assisting with financial difficulties and worries
· Helping with child development concerns
· Getting the right support for positive parenting and managing your child’s behaviour
· Help with form filling and writing letters
· Arranging and accompanying you to meetings
· Making referrals and assistance with accessing other services
· Offering your child support and someone to talk to
When else might our paths cross?
I work closely with the whole school so we may see each other at:
· Review meeting’s (incl. EHCP& play therapy)
· Before and after school; on the playground and around the building
· Parents' evening
·I may get in touch to discuss other school matters
Who can access the Family Support service?
All children who attend Marnel Junior School.
Any parent/carer with a child at the school.