SMSC stands for Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural
It is expressed through our school ethos, vision and values. When you visit us, you will see SMSC demonstrated:
· In our assemblies
· In our displays
·In our talking and discussions
· In our books
· We will be demonstrating our learning behaviours
· Celebrating our achievements
· Being reflective of our behaviour and work
By having an awareness of SMSC we will become:
· confident and independent learners, who are resilient and hardworking, with a love of learning;
· healthy, with a strong sense of self-respect;
· respectful and tolerant citizens, who show understanding and empathy towards the diverse cultures and faiths within our wider community;
· able to recognise the difference between right and wrong so that they can make positive contributions in our democratic society.
We believe these skills, and the promotion of British values, will help children to become successful adults and develop a deeper understanding of the world and their place within it.
Melnar's Journey into the Unknown